Rain is bad for almost any business, whether you work outdoors or indoors. If you work mostly outdoors, then rain can keep you from getting the job done, and if you work indoors, then rain can keep customers away. But there’s a far more nefarious side to a rainstorm apart from just lost business: rain can contribute significantly to illness and injury.
Here are just a few of the ways that rain can affect your business:
- During rainy seasons, moisture adheres more easily to the bottoms of shoes, bringing with it mud, dirt, bacteria and even leaves and twigs. Tracked-in debris is a hassle to clean up, and it doesn’t look great on your floors.
- Additionally, this moisture and mud can increase the risks of slip-and-fall accidents occurring in your facility. Aside from causing extreme injury to customers and employees, this hazard can also lead to potential lawsuits.
- Finally, as we mentioned, rain can simply drive customers your way, especially if your business is in an inconvenient location.
So, how do you deal with these issues?
Here are a few pro tips to keep the rain at bay.
1. Invest in a good set of professionally-serviced floor mats.
Floor mats are your first line of defense against moisture, dirt and mud. With the right floor mats, you can reduce the amount of debris that gets tracked through your facility, meaning less maintenance for you overall and better-quality floors in the long term. When you get your floor mats from NDC, we’ll maintain and replace your mats for you, ensuring maximum absorbency and effectiveness at all times to minimize the effects of rainy days.
2. Make sure you have the right tools on hand to deal with excess moisture.
For example, a sturdy set of mops is an absolute must. NDC can supply your business with heavy-duty mops that can withstand exposure to water, strong floor cleaners, oil, and mud. In order to prevent accidents from occurring, any mud or moisture needs to be cleaned up as soon as possible.
3. Install coverings over the entrance of your business to shield your customers from the rain.
If you don’t have some sort of covering over your business entrance, then installing one might be a little bit of a hassle, but there are multiple benefits. First, it helps your customers feel more comfortable as they’re spending slightly less time in the rain. Second, it gives your customers a place to stop and dry off, shake off an umbrella, or even dry their feet if you’re using an outdoor mat as well. This means that less moisture will make it past your doors, resulting in less work for you and damage to your facility.
For tools to manage rainy days, contact NDC!
To get floor mat services and mop services that make floor maintenance a breeze, get in touch with us today. We offer a wide variety of mat services for all business types, bringing only maximum quality and effectiveness into your business space. Contact us today for a free price estimate or to learn more about our products and services.