By choosing to rent instead of purchasing mats for your business, you save time, lower costs, and often times improve your business’s image.
Rent instead of purchasing your mats and reduce labor costs.
- “It is estimated that 90% of building maintenance cost is labor.” (Cleaning Management)
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a modern building can exceed $600. (International Sanitary Supply Association)
- “A dollar spent keeping soil out of a building will save 10 dollars in removing the soil once it’s inside.” (Cleaning & Maintenance Management)
- 39% of all custodial time is devoted to floor care maintenance. (National Executive Housekeepers Association)
Renting instead of purchasing your mats to improve your company’s image.
- “91% of shoppers select a store to shop in because of its appearance.” (Progressive Grocer)
- When asked, “What’s the first thing you look at when judging cleanliness?” the most popular first response of consumers was “Floors” (42%). (CDI Research, 1991)
- “A 10-year long study released in 1999 also underscores the importance of entranceways, finding that students, when visiting colleges, largely based their selections on the appearance of the campus – specifically entranceways, restrooms and the grounds.” (Cleaning & Maintenance Management)
- When customers choose a restaurant, cleanliness ranks at the top for fast-food destinations. (Restaurants & Institutions, 1994)
Read more about how your choice to rent instead of purchasing will benefit your business.
- A buildup of .042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can decrease efficiency by 21%. (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Dirt and dust cause nine out of ten system failures. (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
- 100 grams (1/4 pound) per day per 1000 people can be tracked into a commercial building during dry weather conditions. Twelve times as much dirt is tracked in during wet weather conditions based on field tests conducted by BST Laboratory over an 11-month period.
- Up to 24 pounds of dirt can be tracked in by just 1,000 people coming through an entrance over a 20-day work period. (ISSA)
- 30% of the dirt tracked in is trapped in the first 3 feet of a typical mat, 85% of the dirt gets trapped within a 15-foot length of typical matting. (ISSA)
- “We estimate that only about 10% of the dirt is removed from mats with a vacuum cleaner.” (Georgia State University Test)
- Studies show that one square yard of commercial grade carpeting can accumulate one pound of dirt over a one-week period and up to twice as much during inclement weather. (International Sanitary Supply Association)
- A major source of indoor air pollutants is street dust, carried in on shoes and captured in carpeting. (“The indoor Clean Air Quality Challenge”, Spray Technology Magazine, 1993)