Green Buildings Use Floor Mat Rental Services
Green spaces and attitudes are facts of life in the 21st century. Learning about going green and reducing the environmental impact of plastics, styrofoams and other non-biodegradables in the home, at work and in business is now a priority for many people and companies, and NDC is no stranger to this positive initiative.
Every rental mat program has, among others, one clear goal: to trap and prevent contaminants from entering a space. In the case of green buildings, NDC’s rental mat program complies with the rating system created by the U.S. Green Building Council. It’s simply another way to provide outstanding service to our customers.
Rental Mats are Green
The products and materials currently used in new construction tend to be more and more environment-friendly, but there are also ways to mitigate the pollution, dirt, soil and other contaminants that may enter any particular space. Floor mats and carpets are among some of these methods. New air-conditioning and noise-reduction systems are also developed with this objective in mind.
The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that indoor air may be 2 to 5 times as polluted as the air outside. It’s also estimated that over three-quarters of the dust, soil and contaminants in a building come right through the door, on people’s feet.
Good-quality mats and carpets help maintain a greener environment inside buildings all over America. It’s been proven that 85% of the dirt and soil brought into any building can be contained within the first 10 to 12 feet. Your rental mat service with NDC can then be a key element in creating a greener building and maintaining appropriate green housekeeping criteria.
Rental Mat Services
Our rental mat service is an integral component of your green building strategies. Why? Because all of our mats are constructed to catch more dirt and soil, and our professional laundering service help prolong the life and performance of the mats.
Key Benefits of our Rental Service Program
1. No up-front investment. We provide floor mats, dust & wet mops, bar towels and aprons and restroom supplies on a rental basis. This means that you don’t need to buy these items, nor keep an inventory, nor worry about re-stocking.
2. No Inventory. Once you sign up for a rental service program, we will keep double inventory of every item on the program, at no additional cost. The double inventory allows the exchange of soiled/clean items for each service cycle.
3. Continuous clean items supply. You will always have a continuous, un-interrupted supply of clean items on a regular basis so your facility will always be ready with clean rental products.
4. Professional washing, drying and sanitizing. Your soiled items are picked up at your location for each service cycle, and exchanged with clean ones. The soiled items are brought back to our plant for professional washing, drying and sanitizing. You have more time to focus on your business while we take care of the hard work for you.
5. Guaranteed consistent quality. Items that are showing signs of wear and tear are automatically removed from your service and replaced with new ones. You don’t have to worry about keeping new inventory or quality control. We do it for you.
6. Lower maintenance costs. When you factor in the cost and time spent in purchasing items like disposable floor mats, mops, bar towels, aprons, etc., plus the time and cost of keeping inventory, having a dedicated personnel to wash or clean them, having a dedicated space and equipment to perform these tasks, inventory control, re-stocking, etc, plus the regular cleaning program… your overheads will be higher than what you spend on the right rental program, without the hassles.
7. You will help the environment. Yes, go green. Service Rental Programs are based on recycling items and cleaning materials, so we help the environment, avoiding disposable items that end up in landfills. For example, a floor mat rental program will help you to achieve your LEED certification and qualify for a GREEN BUILDING. Take the initiative to help the environment.