Slips and falls are extremely dangerous situations for any type of business. These situations can happen anywhere in the business, not necessarily in a slippery zone or kitchen. It is important to learn the causes and steps to prevent slips and falls from occurring.
We at National Dust Control have developed a few key statistics in order to shed light on the importance of floor mats and fall prevention.
These statistics are according to OSHA, CDC, NFSI, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Take a look below.
- Slips, trip and fall injuries cost employers approximately $40,000 per incident
- 65% of fall-related injuries occur as a result of falls from same-level walking surfaces, easily prevented through a quality floor mat service.
- Approximately 19,565 people die in the U.S. annually due to injuries caused by unintentional falls
- Slips and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims and are the leading cause of occupational injury for people aged 55 years and older.
- According to the American Trucking Association, slips and falls are the leading cause of compensable injury in the trucking industry
- Incidence of falls goes up with each decade of life
- Fractures are the most serious consequences of falls and occur in 5% of all people who fall
- Of all fractures from falls, hip fractures are the most serious and lead to the greatest health problems and number of deaths
- Each year, 2.5 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
Contact NDC Mats today and we will get you started with our quality floor mat service to ensure the safety and protection for both you and your employees. With an increase in floor mat rentals, we will decrease slips and falls immensely.